What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and contact information, including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We may also collect information about your use of our website, such as:
- Your IP address
- The pages you visit on our website
- The links you click on our website
- The amount of time you spend on our website
- The date and time you access our website
- The website from which you accessed our website
How we use this information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- To send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided
- To contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
When you sign up to receive emails from us, we collect your name and email address. We use this information to send you emails about new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting. You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the services you have requested or as long as required by applicable law. Once your personal information is no longer required, we will securely dispose of it in accordance with our data retention policies and applicable law.
Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at shepherdit.net.
Under applicable data protection laws, you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, including:
- The right to access your personal information
- The right to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you
- The right to erase your personal information
- The right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any questions about your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.